If you’re a freshman in high school, it’s not too early to start planning for college.
At this point, you should be halfway through your first year. I found a couple of lists online and put the best advice on one list. Here’s the list:
- Take the most challenging courses available. Ask about honors courses and freshman geometry if you can handle it.
- Study hard, and don’t be shy about seeking help from teachers
- Consider taking the PSAT.
- Begin working on your college and career portfolio.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities inside and outside of school.
- Read as much as you can
- Start planning for your sophomore year course load.
- Be sure to spend the summer productively. Participate in a summer program, or take additional academic courses.
Other lists to check out to help you with your college planning:
Leave a comment on what you have done so far on this list.